Latest Athena and X-IFU presentation given at the Breaking the limits conference in Sardinia (Italy, September 2016). Click here to see the Athena and X-IFU presentation. Contact Didier Barret for any inquiries.
Based on the SPIE 2016 paper, the science part of the X-IFU web site has been updated.
The SPIE paper was submitted to the SPIE digital proceedings. This is a rather large overview paper describing on where we stand in the middle of Phase A. Click here.
Please find here the agenda of the 4th X-IFU Consortium meeting to be held in Utrecht from May 23rd to May 25th, 2016 X-IFU_consortium_meeting_#4_23-05-2016
The new X-IFU web site, developed by Studio Urbain, released on May 11th, 2016. It is an evolution of the previous web site version.
The fourth consortium meeting will take place at Utrecht from May 23rd to May 25th, 2016. About 110 participants already registered.
- The Cryogenic AntiCoincidence Detector for ATHENA X-IFU: a program overview - Dr. Claudio Macculi
- The Cryogenic AntiCoincidence Detector for ATHENA X-IFU: preliminary test and data analysis of the new “bridges-suspended” single pixel - Dr. Matteo D’Andrea
- Microcalorimeter pulse analysis by means of principle component decomposition - Dr. Cor P de Vries
- TES pixel parameter design of the microcalorimeter array for the x-ray integral field unit on Athena - Dr. Stephen J Smith
- Implementation and fabrication considerations of an optimal hybrid array for the Athena X-ray Integral Field Unit instrument - Dr. Simon R Bandler
- The impact of crosstalk in the Athena/X-IFU instrument on the GRB/WHIM science case - Dr. Roland H den Hartog
- Performance assessment of different pulse reconstruction algorithms for the Athena X-ray Integral Field Unit - Mr. Philippe Peille
- X-Ray absorption spectroscopy on test thermal filters for the ATHENA X-IFU detector - Prof. Marco Barbera
- The Athena/XIFU filter wheel - Dr. Enrico Bozzo
- Gain stability with no-feedback-loop developed for the X-IFU/Athena readout chain - Dr. Damien Prêle
- Updates on the background estimates for the X-IFU instrument onboard of the ATHENA mission - Dr. Simone Lotti
- The Athena x-ray integral field unit - Dr. Didier Barret
- The mechanical and EM simulations of the CryoAC DM for the ATHENA X-IFU - Mr. Dario Corsini
- The focal plane assembly for the Athena X-ray Integral Field Unit instrument - Dr. Brian Jackson
- Preliminary thermal architecture of the X-IFU instrument - Dr. Ivan Charles
- X-IFU Instrument: technical challenges and preliminary design - Mr. Thien Lam Trong
- Conceptual design of the X-IFU instrument control unit on board the ESA Athena mission - Dr. Leonardo Corcione
- TESSIM: A simulator for the ATHENA X-IFU - Prof. Jörn Wilms
- Observing the WHIM with ATHENA - Prof. Jörn Wilms
- Optimising the multiplex factor of the frequency domain multiplexed readout of the TES-based microcalorimeter imaging array for the X-IFU instrument on the Athena x-ray observatory - Dr. Jan van der Kuur
- Development of frequency domain multiplexing for the X-ray Integral Field Unit (X-IFU) on the Athena - Dr. Hiroki Akamatsu
- Surface Investigation and aluminum oxide estimation on test filters for the ATHENA X-IFU and WFI detectors - Dr. Luisa Sciortino
The 8th consortium meeting is now over, and it has been a fruitful one! One week, 96 participants, 45 talks...
Big day at IRAP, the Cryostat is now fully integrated and cooling down. This high precision technology equipment will eventually...
The overview X-IFU paper published in the proceedings of the SPIE 2018 in Austin (TX) is available from the ArXiv.
Thanks to Françoise Douchin, on behalf of the editorial team, I am pleased to announce the release of the July 2018 of...
Here you will find the overview X-IFU presentation at the SPIE meeting in Austin, on June 13th, 2018.
The meeting will be held in the Faculty of Science of the University of Geneva, specifically the “École de Physique”...
In preparation of the consortium formalization by ESA, an additional five X-IFU co-investigators were recently appointed : S. Bandler (US), E....
Thanks to Françoise Douchin, on behalf of the editorial team, I am pleased to announce the release of the April 2018 of...