Please find here the agenda of the 4th X-IFU Consortium meeting to be held in Utrecht from May 23rd to May 25th, 2016 X-IFU_consortium_meeting_#4_23-05-2016
The new X-IFU web site, developed by Studio Urbain, released on May 11th, 2016. It is an evolution of the previous web site version.
The fourth consortium meeting will take place at Utrecht from May 23rd to May 25th, 2016. About 110 participants already registered.
- The Cryogenic AntiCoincidence Detector for ATHENA X-IFU: a program overview - Dr. Claudio Macculi
- The Cryogenic AntiCoincidence Detector for ATHENA X-IFU: preliminary test and data analysis of the new “bridges-suspended” single pixel - Dr. Matteo D’Andrea
- Microcalorimeter pulse analysis by means of principle component decomposition - Dr. Cor P de Vries
- TES pixel parameter design of the microcalorimeter array for the x-ray integral field unit on Athena - Dr. Stephen J Smith
- Implementation and fabrication considerations of an optimal hybrid array for the Athena X-ray Integral Field Unit instrument - Dr. Simon R Bandler
- The impact of crosstalk in the Athena/X-IFU instrument on the GRB/WHIM science case - Dr. Roland H den Hartog
- Performance assessment of different pulse reconstruction algorithms for the Athena X-ray Integral Field Unit - Mr. Philippe Peille
- X-Ray absorption spectroscopy on test thermal filters for the ATHENA X-IFU detector - Prof. Marco Barbera
- The Athena/XIFU filter wheel - Dr. Enrico Bozzo
- Gain stability with no-feedback-loop developed for the X-IFU/Athena readout chain - Dr. Damien Prêle
- Updates on the background estimates for the X-IFU instrument onboard of the ATHENA mission - Dr. Simone Lotti
- The Athena x-ray integral field unit - Dr. Didier Barret
- The mechanical and EM simulations of the CryoAC DM for the ATHENA X-IFU - Mr. Dario Corsini
- The focal plane assembly for the Athena X-ray Integral Field Unit instrument - Dr. Brian Jackson
- Preliminary thermal architecture of the X-IFU instrument - Dr. Ivan Charles
- X-IFU Instrument: technical challenges and preliminary design - Mr. Thien Lam Trong
- Conceptual design of the X-IFU instrument control unit on board the ESA Athena mission - Dr. Leonardo Corcione
- TESSIM: A simulator for the ATHENA X-IFU - Prof. Jörn Wilms
- Observing the WHIM with ATHENA - Prof. Jörn Wilms
- Optimising the multiplex factor of the frequency domain multiplexed readout of the TES-based microcalorimeter imaging array for the X-IFU instrument on the Athena x-ray observatory - Dr. Jan van der Kuur
- Development of frequency domain multiplexing for the X-ray Integral Field Unit (X-IFU) on the Athena - Dr. Hiroki Akamatsu
- Surface Investigation and aluminum oxide estimation on test filters for the ATHENA X-IFU and WFI detectors - Dr. Luisa Sciortino
The official X-IFU logos are available from the X-IFU web site, under RESOURCES.
On 26th and 27th of October, 2015 IRAP hosted the 3rd X-IFU consortium meeting. This meeting was focussed on describing the project organisation with the new CNES team, the development philosophy, and the activities towards the definition of the instrument specifications. It was also the opportunity for the consortium partners across Europe, US and Japan to present a status of their activities. The meeting was attended by more than 100 engineers and scientists.
Presentation given on behalf of the X-IFU consortium can be found here.
Resources for the Athena Working Groups for the Athena Science Impact Exercise have been uploaded. See Resources
Thanks to Françoise Douchin, on behalf of the editorial team, I am pleased to announce the release of the October 2017 issue...
The sixth X-IFU consortium meeting took place from September 11th to 15th in Madrid at CSIC headquarters. It was hosted...
Overview presentation of the X-IFU at the Power of X-ray Spectroscopy conference in Warsaw (September 6-8th, 2017) can be found...
Thanks to Françoise Douchin, on behalf of the editorial team, I am pleased to announce the release of the N°4...
Overview status presentation at the 2017 X-ray Universe conference in Roma by Didier Barret (see slides).
The next IPM (#2) will take place at CNES Toulouse on June 14-15th, 2017. It will review the progresses made...
Thanks to Françoise Douchin, on behalf of the editorial team, I am pleased to announce the release of the N°3...
Agenda of the X-IFU Consortium meeting #5 is here.